Game Boy

I have no real reason for making this design. I had bought some new stamping plates and one just so happened to have a Game Boy face stamp so of course all I wanted to do was make some nostalgic nail art.
I used to carry around my Game Boy every day as a kid with three cartridges in my pocket: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, and Duck Tales. WoOo! I first had the brick that was the original in that bland oatmeal grey, then I got the Game Boy Color in translucent purple -Fancy, I know!-.

Still have my Pokemon Yellow! Works too.
I started with a base of O.P.I Moon Over Mumbai, then stamped on Smith & Cult Stockholm Syndrome with BundleMonster plate BM-601. I couldn't fit the GameBoy face on my pinkie nail so I stamped on the cute 8bit heart from the same stamping plate using Stockholm Syndrome and Sally Hansen Velveteen.

To add to the stamping, I used a thin brush to fill in the screen and the directional button with Velveteen, then filled in the A & B buttons with a dotting tool and Orly Scandal.

I topped the look off with one coat of Sally Hansen Color Therapy top coat.





While my screens are a tad wonky, I think overall it's pretty cute! I really want to make another one based on my favorite translucent purple version I had, I just haven't found the right shade of purple polish yet. Yes, I am that nitpicky...

Thanks for reading! To see more nail art I've done click here.








Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me