Warning! 30 Seconds of Oxygen Remaining

If you play Subnautica, you recognize the title phrase as you hear it many, many times throughout the game. Damn robotic voice, always caring if I'm breathing! What a nag. 

Today I have some more video game inspired nail art, this time from my newest obsession, Subnautica! This game has actually been around in Beta for a while now, and is popular with some Youtube gamers(I love watching Markiplier play it). It was only offered for PC gaming for a long time, but it finally came to Xbox One so I could at last get my paws on it.

If you are unfamiliar with Subnautica, I would liken it to Minecraft a bit, in that you need to salvage and hunt for supplies and materials to survive and build habitats, but underwater on an ocean dominated alien planet with really beautiful graphics and an actual developing storyline. And Reaper Leviathans... Those damn Reaper Leviathans. The first time I got attacked by one I actually screamed out loud and dropped my controller. Embarrassing yes, but also a tad hilarious.
The game is still being built, so it can be quite buggy, -There was an instance where I went through a doorframe in a spaceship, only for the locked door to load after I was in and trap me. Luckily it was glitchy and I was able to sneak out when the door would periodically vanish.- Besides the bugs, I love this game so damn much.

Anywhoozle, my nail art today is inspired by your first best friend in the game, your lifepod(Lifepod 5). In the game you are a passenger of the spaceship Aurora, which mysteriously crashed on an alien planet, leaving, from appearances, only you and your lifepod buddy. You can use it to hide from said brutal creatures, make food and supplies, and get old communications from other dead passenger's lifepods! Yay!

I had some streaking when applying my top coat, grr!
If you have never played Subnautica, the style of the life pods really won't make sense, but if you just Google Lifepod 5, you can see images.

My base and white stripes are Covergirl Snowstorm, the grey is Julep Julianne, the yellow is Covergirl Haughty Lemon, the orange is O.P.I In My Back Pocket, the red is Covergirl Red Revenge, and the little mint circles are Milani Mint Crush. I used a thin striping brush and different sized dotting tools to apply everything.

I topped the design off with one coat of my new Sally Hansen Color Therapy top coat, which clearly doesn't help with streaking!







I am sorry if I am not too coherent describing Subnautica or the nail art today, I got no sleep last night so my brain is mush and I'm running on fumes at the moment. My final notes, the game is rad, I had a lot of fun making this nail art, even if it did smudge, and I need some damn coffee. Bye!

Thanks for reading! To see more nail art I've done click here.









Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me