It's a Me, Mario!

Seems only fitting to post a Mario design since I am currently watching a GameGrumps play-through of Super Mario Bros. 3. Also, I did not post the O.P.I Hello Kitty swatches Thursday, Elder Scrolls won. I did finally reach level 40, however! So, worth it. I will most likely post those swatches tomorrow, barring any unforeseen non-Elder Scrolls related circumstances.

Anyway, to the Mario nail art!



Since this is a skittle mani, I'm just going to break down the polishes used by nail.

Thumb:
My thumb nail is a question mark block. The base is Covergirl Haughty Lemon, and the question mark was made with a detail brush and Milani White. Not that you will really be able to see this nail, as I forgot to take a picture of it. So clever! You might be able to see catch a glimpse in my other photos.

Index finger:
My index finger nail is a green mushroom. The base is O.P.I You Are So Outta Lime!, and the polka dots are made with a large dotting tool and Milani White.

Middle Finger:
Another mushroom, this time red! My base is Julep Myriam, and the polka dots are made with the same dotting tool and Milani White.

Ring finger:
Some classic Mario sky and clouds. I've never made clouds before, so I was very happy with how these came out. My base is L'Oreal Not a Cloud in Site -A fitting name!- for the dark blue, and Pop-arazzi Shell Me More for the light blue. The clouds I made with a small dotting tool and Milani White.

Pinkie finger:
Lastly, a good old brick block! My base is Spoiled Thanks A Latte, then a brick pattern stamped using BundleMonster plate BM-422 and Milani Black Swift.

I topped the look off with one coat of O.P.I top coat, and one coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat. I always like making cartoony designs matte, it just makes it look more "realistic" if that makes any sense. Probably not, but basically I like how it looks!




I've been meaning to make Mario nail art for a while now, and I really like how it came out! (I am way overly proud of my clouds for some reason.) This design is pretty simple, but it was really fun to wear and make.

Thanks for reading! To see more nail art I've done click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me