Mmm... Doughnuts.

Don't make nail art hungry, that is the lesson I will impart with today's food-centric nail design.
Though, weirdly enough, wrapping paper was to blame!



I bought this adorable wrapping paper for my uncle's and mother's respective birthdays, and saved a piece in my planner, because I apparently get too attached to interesting paper products!
I really liked the rainbow-like collection of doughnuts, and thought it would be a fun, albeit random, nail art inspiration. Homer Simpson would be proud.

I did a skittle manicure, my favorite type of nail art since I am too indecisive to pick just one design, so I'll break down the polishes by nail:

Index finger:
The base color is Pop-arazzi Lime-ousine Ride, topped with one coat of KBShimmer Oh Splat!.

Middle finger:
The base is Milani Mint Crush, and the sprinkles are made with a detail brush and Pop-arazzi Lime-ousine Ride, Milani WhiteJulep Marcella, and O.P.I In My Back Pocket.

Ring finger:
The base is Rimmel New Romantic. The frosting is BundleMonster plate BM-405 with Milani White, and sprinkles are also Pop-arazzi Lime-ousine, O.P.I In My Back Pocket, and Julep Marcella.

Pinkie finger:
The base is O.P.I In My Back Pocket, topped with Essie Peak of Chic.

I topped the whole look off with one coat of O.P.I top coat, and Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.








Overall, while this obviously wasn't the most challenging nail art to make, I love how colorful it is, and it was super fun to wear. I've never made food inspired nail art before, so now I'm trying to think of other weird foods to be inspired by! (Tacos?...)

Thanks for reading! To see more nail art I've made click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me