January 2016 Favorites

It's that time yet again, time to blather on about my favorite things from the very first month of 2016!
Though it may be a tad light on the blather as I had a long day at work and I'm tired, but then again I'm always tired. Must be my old age.



This month's favorites is very heavy on the nerdy side, so if you are not a fan of nerdy things, sorry, but I am a big nerd and can't resist quantifying it with lots of nerdy bits and bobs.

(Also let's start a drinking game over how many times I say "nerd", since my brain is not firing on all cylinders tonight and I cannot get my mental thesaurus to come up with other words and phrases. That previous sentence was a doozy!)


Beauty:
My beauty favorite for January was the Physicians Formula Cushion Foundation. I plan on making a review post for it going over the actual foundation and everything, but it had to be in my favorites just because of how damn pretty the compact is! I am a sucker for makeup packaging, and Physicians Formula got me. I love the quilted top, and the metallic blue just looks so cool.


Nails:
Another blue item! My polish favorite is O.P.I Give Me Space. I've already raved about this polish in my review of it here, so I won't bore you by repeating, but I love this shade.


Fashion:
Now is when the nerd takes over.
My clothing favorite is this adorable Sailor Moon skater dress I found at the mall. I bought it at Hottopic, a store I am so shocked I keep going into again. Never thought I would once the Gothic teen years faded, but they just have so many cute nerdy things on the cheap! (I also bought an awesome Sailor Moon hat, but of course forgot to take a picture. I'm going to post another haul soon so I'll have a picture of it then.)


Sailor Moon Mania!:
As you can probably tell, I'm on a slight Sailor Moon kick right now, so two more favorites are these adorable figurines I bought at my local book store. So damn cute!


Harley Quinn & Pokemon: best cross-over ever?...
My last two favorites for the month of January:
I had seen the Pikazard plushie on Amazon (They recommended it to me, because Amazon is just way too good at the recommended products sidebar on their website!) and had to have one. It took basically all of January to get to me, but so worth it. My brother says it shows the brutality of Pikachu, wearing the skin of it's fallen enemy Charizard. I say he watches too many horror movies, and Pikachu just likes cosplay... Hopefully.

No matter how old I get, I will always say I want to be Harley Quinn when I grow up. Misguided? Yes, but she is awesome so morals be gone, get me an over sized mallet!
I have been wanting a Harley Quinn figurine for a while, and found this cute one at F.Y.E.
I also ordered another, more classic cartoon version, that arrived after I took these pictures, so the Harley Quinn collection is already growing! I just need some Mr.J's to keep them company.
If you are also a Harley Quinn fan, you can see the second one on my Instagram.

Welp, that's all I got, I'm going to bed. Thanks for reading! To check out the things that made my list in December click here.
-Brittany

Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me