Galaxy Nail Art

Today I have a little nail art post weirdly enough inspired by my new computer skin I showed in my last monthly favorites. I've made galaxy nail art before, but a long time ago, so it's about time I returned to it.


My inspiration:



Like most galaxy designs, this is just a jumbled mess of polishes! I started with a base of Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, then applied the next colors by sponging them on as I saw fit with pieces of a makeup sponge and tweezers:
Milani Black Swift, Milani WhiteO.P.I Red, Julep MorganJulep Chatoya, and Julep Shayla.

Next I applied spots of Milani White with a small dotting tool, and Pop-arazzi Star Shine as a glitter overlay, because the name just seemed fitting.

Once everything was nice and dry, I applied one coat of O.P.I top coat to seal, then a coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat for a nice matte finish to show off the blend of colors without a shiny glare. I think a matte finish just works well with galaxy designs in my opinion, but then again I am a matte top coat junkie, so said opinion is greatly biased.





Thanks for reading! To see more nail art I've done click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me