We're All Mad Here.

"Twinkle twinkle, little bat, how I wonder what you're at? Up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky."

Today I have more video game inspired nail art to share. This time themed around Alice: Madness Returns. A game about Alice's life as a young woman dealing with the loss of her family in a mysterious fire, and the crumbling of her Wonderland, which is also slowly burning down around her while she searches it to find her lost memories.

I quite enjoyed this game esthetically, but not that much game play wise. The story was a confusing mess at times, which I don't really fault it for, because I think it is meant to be that way mostly given Alice's fractured mind and memories. However, for the little amount you are actually capable of doing: triple jumping, throwing wind up rabbit bombs, or shooting pepper or boiling tea respectively, the game felt much, much too long. Almost every level felt the same, just with a new look. I'm not saying I disliked the game totally, but once I got to the point of only having two chapters to go, I was itching for the game to just end! It became more of a chore than a fun experience. It was a fun game at first, but boredom crept in near the end.
Again, the look of the game was fantastic however, very odd, creepy, and occasionally beautiful, and Alice's dresses for each stage were always a treat. So, my nail art is based around five of the dresses she wears throughout the game.



Every stage in the game has a different theme, and Alice's dress would change accordingly. I used a lot of polishes for this look, so I'll just break them down by each nail.

Thumb: Is based around her original dress she changes into when returning to Wonderland for the first time, and it is also on the box picture above.
I started with a base of Milani White, applied a french tip of Julep Sophia, then free handed the symbols using Milani Black Swift and a thin striping brush.

Index finger: Based on the dress she wore through the Japan themed chapter, which was a favorite even if it dragged on a tad. The look of it was gorgeous.
This is a base of China Glaze One Track Mind topped with some floral water decals.

Middle Finger: Based on my favorite dress, and my favorite level of the whole game. The Queen of Hearts chapter. Which was the most fun to play, but of course the shortest level of the whole game! Most likely because I believe she was the antagonist in the first game, but man I wish that chapter was longer. It was the most creative in my opinion.
I started with a base of O.P.I Red, and free-handed the details using a striping brush and Milani Black swift, Milani White, and the free edge is Zoya Tomoko.

Ring finger: I really liked the underwater chapter, it had a cool look to it, and was one of the first levels so nothing felt tired yet. The dress by far was one of the coolest ones as well.
My base is a gradient of Milani Corrupted Coral, Wet N Wild I Need A Refresh-mint, and NYC Skyline Blue. I made the scales using a striping brush and Sally Hansen Batbano Blue, and filled in random sections with the same brush and Maybelline Peachy Petal and I Need A Refresh-mint.

Pinkie nail: And finally, my least favorite level, but the dress was cute. The Dollhouse chapter was when my patience was waning considerably, but I was determined and I wanted to see how the story ended. I really didn't like playing this level, but I did like the end cut scene part of it.
Anyway, my base is Julep Stella, and stamped stripes using BundleMonster plate BM-411. I free-handed the patches using Milani Corrupted Coral and Milani Black Swift.

Everything is topped off with one coat of O.P.I top coat, and one coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.










Thanks for reading! Sorry if I rambled about the game too much. I love video games, and making nail art inspired by them, and I wanted to start writing a bit more about my thoughts on the actual games themselves. So, if you are not interested in my babbling, sorry! But I hope you liked the nail art.
To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-Brittany

Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me