Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop Swatches & Review

I mentioned this beauty of a polish in a recent haul I posted after buying it at Sephora, and I have been dying to swatch it on my blog ever since. I actually wanted to buy this months ago during a visit there, but couldn't really afford it's higher price tag, however I was able to splurge a bit during that recent shopping trip, so when I saw this shade again I couldn't pass it up twice.



Candy Shop is a very fun and colorful bubblegum pink base, full of shiny metallic hex glitter in a rainbow of shades. The glitter pieces also vary in size, which mixed with the almost crelly (creme + jelly) formula, makes the coats layer over each other nicely.

The base is sheer, but build-able.  The glitter can be goopy, though easier to apply than I expected given the amount of glitter hiding in the bottle. I really didn't need to dab the pieces on, they applied smoothly, and didn't really clump together too much. Being a fan of chunky glitter shades I am used to having to play around with the brush to get the largest glitter flecks onto my nails, so it was a pleasant surprise not to have to with Candy Shop.

I will say the sheer pink makes full coverage difficult, you can still see my free-edges peeking out. If that bugs you I would suggest a similar pink base coat first. Better than applying too many coats of candy shop and having your nails be a glitter heap.

My swatches are three coats, followed by my O.P.I top coat.






I am a fan of the Deborah Lippmann brand, just not the $20 price tag per bottle. It's a rarity for me to buy a shade, hence why this is only my second purchase, but I hope to slowly grow a little collection without breaking the bank.

I love Candy Shop, I think even more so than the other shade I own, Glitter in the Air (Poor picture quality warning! That post is really old.), which is saying something! I really like the bright and colorful color palette, and definitely see where the name came from. Makes me think of cake sprinkles, yum.

Deborah Lippmann polishes retail for $20, and can be found online, or at your local Sephora. I think you can also find them at Nordstrom.

Thanks for reading! To see more swatch & reviews click here, or to browse my product review directory click here.
-Brittany

Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me