Paint with All the Colors of the Wind

Today I have a quick nail art post before work, putting an end to my little Disney mania inspired by the Orly Dare to Dream Collection. I am quite sure I will have plenty more Disney designs in the future, but this was a fun little marathon.

This design was inspired by Disney's Pocahontas, which the last two shades I bought from the collection were themed around. You can find my swatches of the polishes here.


Just like with my Mulan nail art I was inspired by Pocahontas's clothes.

For the majority of my nails I started with a gradient of O.P.I My Vampire is Buff and Julep Stella. I applied the gradient by painting both polishes, slightly overlapping, onto a makeup sponge then sponging the color onto my nails. The polishes are quite light, so it took three goes to get the right coverage.

For her necklace, I applied the line work using a thin nail art brush and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, and the tear drop studs I adhered to my nails using clear polish and tweezers. (I just ordered a wax pencil to better apply studs and gems, so I am looking forward to trying it out when it finally gets here!)

For my accent nail I wanted to create multi-colored leaves blowing in the wind. I started with a base of Vampire, then stamped Stella with a very wispy floral pattern but sideways, because it reminded me of Disney's style of drawing wind. The stamp is from Bundle Monster plate BM-406.
For my attempt at broken leaves floating in the wind, I used a nail art brush and Orly Living Earth & Follow Your Path. Not thrilled with the outcome, but I tried.

I topped the design off with one coat of my O.P.I top coat, and one coat of my Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.




Thanks for reading!
To check out my Pocahontas swatches click here. To check out my Mulan swatches and nail art click here & here, and for Ariel click here & here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me