It's The Bat!

I have Halloween nail art ready to post on the day itself, but this design seemed sort of on point for this spooky month so I'm going with it.
I mentioned in a previous post that I am replaying my Batman games as I am finally breaking down and buying an XBox One and the newest game, Batman: Arkham Knight. I just replayed Batman: Arkham City and finished the main story line a couple days ago, now I'm just finishing up the Riddler challenges to complete the game. So needless to say, I wanted to make some nail art to commemorate it!

I've already made some Batman villain nail art in the past, which you can check out here, but this is the first design I've posted on the blog themed around the Bat himself.

I do not have a Batman Pop Figure at the moment, so Killer Croc is making another cameo.
I've always really liked the art style in images related to the games. The greyscale with one focal color, be it red with Batman, purple with The Joker, green with The Riddler etc is very eye catching, so I went with that style for my nails. I did this with a couple of my nails in the villain nail art as well. I'm so predictable, but I like what I like!

I started with a base of Milani White, then broke off small pieces of a makeup sponge and dipped them in Zoya Carey and Zoya Loredana. I sponged both colors on my nails randomly, similarly to creating a galaxy design, to make the grey textured background.
For the pops of red, I used yet more makeup sponge pieces and O.P.I Red. I had to apply Red twice to get the bolder color payoff, since with one coat it can read more pink toned.

I free-handed the bat symbols using a thin striping brush and Milani Black Swift. I really expected this to bomb completely, but they didn't come out awful! You can tell what they are, which is a win in my book.

I found a stamp in my CYO BundleMonster collection that reminded me of Gotham City, so I applied that to my ring finger nail with Milani Black Swift.

I topped the look off with one coat of O.P.I top coat, then one coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.




Thanks for reading!
To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me