e.l.f Lip Exfoliator Review

I felt like I haven't done a beauty review (That's not in a Julep unboxing post.) in a long time, so today I am reviewing a product I've been using for a while now. The e.l.f Lip Exfoliator is -you guessed it!- a sugar scrub like product for your lips to help smooth the skin, and to also help prime the skin for better lip color application. It also works well when used before applying lip balm, as it helps the balm absorb better.




The e.l.f Lip Exfoliator comes in this cute lipstick tube, and even rotates to release the product just like lipstick. Most lip exfoliating products I've seen are usually in tubs and you scoop the product out to use, which seems a bit messy to me, so I like how using it mirrors applying lip color. It also fits in my lipstick organizer on my vanity, which is an added bonus!

It is definitely a sugar scrub, and super sweet, which since I use it after brushing my teeth it doesn't taste super great mixed with toothpaste, but I usually just rinse after using it and don't have a problem.

I will be honest in saying that I have really dry lips. They are super dry and flaky -Sorry if that is gross, but just speaking the truth!- which makes it hard to wear bolder lip colors as the product never lies smooth on my lips. I usually stick to more neutral lip glosses, but even with them my lips still look dry and chapped after awhile. My skin sucks up the product like a sponge!
I use this lip scrub every night, though I have been slacking lately. This post is reminding me to get back in the good habit!

When I do remember to use it however, after I brush my teeth I dampen my lips, then use this scrub in a circular motion. Afterwards I apply a really moisturizing lip balm. Basically the same steps when using a facial or body scrub.
I do notice my lips feel much softer and more plump after using the scrub, and my lip balm absorbs easier. My colored lip glosses also look much better, and don't fall into the cracks and lines my poor dry lips usually have.

This is the first lip exfoliating product I've ever used, so I cannot compare it to another. But I can say the packaging I feel makes it really easy to use and store, it does its job really well, and the low cost doesn't hurt either!

The e.l.f Lip Exfoliator retails for around $3-$5, and can be found online or wherever e.l.f products are sold. I bought mine at Target.

Thanks for reading! To check out more beauty reviews click here. Or to browse my product directory click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

  1. Great review! I love that it come packages like a lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's my favorite thing about the packaging, it makes it very easy to store on my vanity. :)

      Delete

Follow Me