Rainbow Gradient Stamping

Today I have a quick little nail art post to share.
This was supposed to actually go a different way, I wanted to create some sugar skull nail art, but the stamping plate I was planning on using turned out to be far to shallow, and would not stamp correctly. So basically instead of scrapping my lovely rainbow gradient base, I decided to just apply some stamping with no real rhyme or reason to it.


For my gradients I used quite the amalgamation of polishes, including Black Heart Beauty Mint & Neon Blue, O.P.I 50 is the New FabulousFingerPaints Tiffany Imposter, Sally Hansen Hustle Up & Lady Lavender, Nicole by O.P.I Carnival Cotton Candy, and finally SinfulColors Tempest.
I applied each color pairing to a piece of makeup sponge, then sponged the colors onto my nails. I went over the gradients two or three times to make the effect bolder.

Once my base was dry, I used a few of the same colors with BundleMonster stamping plates BM-406, BM-411, and BM-402.

After everything dried to prevent any color bleeding, I applied one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




And finally, because I will use any excuse to use that damn macro lens, which was the best $5 I ever spent lately, here are some close ups!




Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me