Bulbasaur!

Time for some more Pokemon! Like my last design in this series (My lofty goal is to create nail art for every single one, or at least all the original 150, with some newer ones sprinkled in.), I have a classic starter Pokemon today, Bulbasaur! I will admit that in every Pokemon game I play I always pick Charmander as my starter, no offense to Bulbasaur or Squirtle, but I can never pass up a dragon. But Bulbasaur is a favorite as well, so I was excited to do this nail art.



For my design I started with a base of Wet N Wild I Need a Refresh-mint, my favorite teal polish that is sadly on its last leg.
Once my base dried I replicated Bulbasaur's 90's, Saved By the Bell-esque diamond pattern using a thin striping brush and O.P.I Amazon... Amazoff.
I had tried to recreate Bulbasaur's cute little face on my ring finger nail, but that was just a hot mess, so I used BundleMonster plate BM-406 and Rimmel Green Eyed Monster instead to make a thick leaf-like pattern akin to his bulb on his back.
After everything was dry I topped the look off with one coat of Out the Door fast drying top coat, and then a coat of Essie Matte About You top coat.





Close up of my stamping. My Essie matte top coat is starting to show its age by weirdly creating cracks, as you can see, when it dries. I have finally replaced it though, I'm giving a newer Sally Hansen version a try now.

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my Pokemon nail art click here, or to check out all of my nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow

2 comments

Follow Me