Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat...

Happy Fourth of July!
Most nail bloggers have posted, or are posting today, July 4th themed designs. You would think I would have planned ahead to do the same, but no, instead I have a very patriotic Batman themed design to share! I know it has nothing to do with today's festivities, but... Well, I have no caveat for it, I just love Batman.

Today's nail art may be blasphemy however, as I did not include Batman himself! Gasp! This probably showcases the faults in my personality, but I have always enjoyed the villains in movies and video games more than the heroic protagonists. Smaug, Darth Vader, Joker, Riddler (My absolute favorite), Harley Quinn, Bellatrix Lestrange, every Disney villain, etc. And while Batman is my favorite comic book hero, I decided to make my focus for this design my favorite villains.

I did not theme my nail art on the recent movies, I stuck with the awesome Arkham Asylum and Arkham City video games to be inspired by. I like how they have more of that comic feel to them than the movies.


For my nail art I did a skittle mani, so I could theme each nail after a favorite character. I may have to make a part two of this, as obviously there are way more villains to showcase, but I focused on my favorites.

For my index finger, I was inspired by Joker's quintessential purple suit. I used SinfulColors Tempest as my base, then stamped on stripes using O.P.I A Grape Affair and BundleMonster plate BM-411. I used a small dotting tool to free-hand the lime green bow tie with O.P.I You Are So Outta Lime!

To create Harley Quinn's red and black diamond playing card pattern, I free-handed it by first applying a base of O.P.I Red, then used a thin striping brush to apply squares of Milani Black Swift. I also used the same brush and Black Swift to create the little diamonds.

For my favorite villain, The Riddler, I loved the artwork for Arkham City, especially the black and white images with the one central color. So I based my ring finger on that.
I applied a base of Milani White, then took pieces of a makeup sponge to sponge on Zoya Carey randomly, like you would a galaxy design.
For the question mark I free-handed it using a brush and You Are So Outta Lime!

Killer Croc was a bit harder, I knew I do not have the skills to try to replicate his lovely teeth or anything, so I focused on his scales. This is a base of Sally Hansen Mint Condition, topped with BundleMonster plate BM-418 and Revlon Spanish Moss.

And lastly, Mr.Freeze! He used to not be a favorite of mine, I think a certain man with the first name of Arnold burned that bridge a bit, but I loved the look of Arkham City's Mr.Freeze, and greatly preferred his darker, more serious personality, to the straight cheese of a certain other character choice...
For my take, I started with a base of Milani White, then to replicate the cool -Pun not intended.- luminescent blue coolant that runs through his veins, and the circuits of his suit, I used Wet N Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint and BundleMonster plate BM-415.





I always love making video game nail art, it is so much fun. This has to be one of my favorites, I think I will definitely need to make a part two for more villains, and maybe even a hero version. Batman needs love too!

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art click here.
-Brittany
Follow

Post a Comment

Follow Me