Charmander!

Time for some more Pokemon nail art! I haven't made a Pokemon inspired design in some time, but it's back today with a classic starter Pokemon: Charmander!



A common feature of my Pokemon nail art is that I draw their little faces on a nail, but this time I liked Charmander's cute little belly, so I decided to replicate his little lizard torso on my index and middle finger nails using Zoya Tanzy as the base color, and applying CoverGirl Haughty Lemon in the center of my nails using a striping brush.

For my ring finger, I wanted the appearance of fire, like Charmander's fire hazard of a tail, so I used a makeup sponge, O.P.I Red, and Haughty Lemon, and sponged them on to my nail. I made sure to overlap the two colors on the sponge to create an orange tone in the center, and to make the gradient blend more.

Lastly, for added sparkle I applied CoverGirl Rogue Red to my pinkie nail and thumb. This color seemed a bit fitting as it is from CoverGirl's Capital collection, inspired by The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

I topped the look off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat, and one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat. I skipped the matte top coat on Rogue Red however, to keep the sparkly finish.




Excuse the chipping on the free-edge of my index fingernail. I had to take the pictures the morning after making this nail art -The lighting was not my friend the day of!- and magically in the meantime between making the design and the hours until photographing it, I chipped it. No clue how, but the nail gods were not assisting me that day!

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my Pokemon nail art click here, or to check out more of my nail art in general click here.
- Brittany

Follow

2 comments

  1. LOVE the inspiration and the fiery, glittery nails! P.S. I beat pokemon snap for the 3rd time last night :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! OMG, I forgot about Pokemon Snap! That was one of my favorite games, I may have to pick that up again. (I still have Hey You Pikachu, which I still love playing every once in a while for the nostalgia :p )

      Delete

Follow Me