Welcome... to Jurassic Park!

Happy Mother's Day!
I have a very not-Mother's Day post to share today, unless your mother loves Jurassic park, like mine, in which case it works out!

I am obsessed with the new Jurassic World trailers, I love the original movie, and while the sequels were not the greatest, -especially the third one- I am really hoping this one is at least a marginal improvement. So, inspired by it, I really wanted to make some Jurassic park nail art.
Obviously, the new movie isn't out yet, and the second and third movies are not my cup of tea, so I made my design around the original, -and best- movie!



For my index finger nails I applied a base of Milani White, then used BundleMonster plate BM-409 and Sally Hansen Batbano Blue to create a little DNA strand like Mr.DNA.

For my pinkie and middle finger nails I created some scaled dinosaur skin using Zoya Bevin, Milani Black Swift, and BundleMonster plate BM-418.

And lastly, my favorite part, I wanted to create nails inspired by John Hammond's iconic amber topped cane.
I started with a base of China Glaze Champagne Bubbles, then free handed an attempt at a mosquito using a thin striping brush and Milani Black Swift.

Everything is topped off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat, and one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.





While I really love the way it turned out, not surprisingly my mosquito drawing skills are not that up to par, so I feel like it looks more like a winged creature from your darkest nightmares more so than a bug, but I tried!

I really loved wearing this design, and am contemplating recreating it when I go to see Jurassic World.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me