Resident Evil Nail Art

Today I am sharing one of my favorite nail designs I've made recently!
I love the Resident Evil movies, I know they take a lot of liberties with the video game source material, and are quite stupid, but I love how stupid and action packed they are. I am also a fan of the games. I really don't play them myself, as I have an irrational fear of zombies, but I watch my brother play them, or I'll watch CinnamonToastKen play them on Youtube, and for some reason that is less frightening than controlling the character myself... I don't know why. But I am a fan of both the games and the movies, so this seemed like a fun inspiration for some nail art.

Looking a little tired there, Chris!

For my nail art I looked up images online, and found a promotional photo with an inky, smudged background dripping with blood, and a large bio hazard symbol. Perfect! I also attempted to create the Umbrella logo, since you can't have anything Resident Evil without incorporating the corporation that started it all!

I started with a base of Milani White, then took a makeup sponge and tore it into little pieces. I used tweezers to dip the pieces into Milani Black SwiftZoya Carey, and Zoya Loredana, then sponged the polishes onto my nails in a haphazard manner, similar to how you would make a galaxy design.

The blood dripping on my pinkie finger was made with O.P.I Red and BundleMonster plate BM-405. And the bio hazard symbol was made with Milani Black Swift and plate BM-418.

My umbrella logo attempt didn't turn out as great as I wanted, but you get the idea. I made it using a base of Milani White, free handed the red with a thin striping brush and O.P.I Red, then used a small dotting tool to dot Milani Black Swift in the center.

I topped everything off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat, and one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.




Expect this as the start to quite a lot of video game/movie inspired nail art.
I realized from my Pokemon nail art series that while fashion inspired nail art and stuff are cute and fun, I have the most fun creating this type of nail art, and feel more creative. I think I may have finally found my nail art niche!

Thanks for reading!
To check out more of my nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me