Rainbow Gradient Nail Art

I am prefacing this post by reminding you that I am a 26 year old woman...

I bought a Furby. Yes, a Furby. I had one when I was just a pup and loved it greatly, it was one of my favorite toys. I actually had a Gizmo Furby, and it was awesome. For you young people out there, Gizmo is the adorable, main anthropomorphic creature from the Gremlins movies.

Anyway, whatever the toy company is, they have remade them! And they are even more adorable, so for nostalgia's sake, and because I just wanted one, being the grown woman child I am... I bought one. They are way more advanced now, not surprisingly. They actually come with an app, and you can play games, feed them, and even translate what the Furby says through it. Very cute.
My Furby is a very bright rainbow colored one with sparkly yellow ears and face, and of course that created nail art inspiration right away!



Here is the aforementioned Furby! I thought the bright rainbow gradient was super cute, as well as the sparkly yellow transparent details.


For my inspired nail art I started with a base of white nail polish to make my colors even brighter. Then painted O.P.I 50 is the New Fabulous, and Julep shades Denise and Cassidy (Which are from my last Julep Maven box.) onto a makeup sponge, making sure to slightly overlap each one to blend them together a bit, and sponged them onto my nails. It took three coats to get full coverage.
my accent nails are O.P.I You're So Flippy Floppy from the Brazil liquid sand mini collection.

I topped the gradient off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat, and one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat. I did not top coat You're So Flippy Floppy to keep the textured finish.




While I may seem like a total dork for buying a Furby, it is just too cute, and I also really enjoyed wearing this bright, colorful nail art inspired by it.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me