Pop Art Nail Art

Today's simple nail art was inspired by some water decals I have that reminded me of Pop art, with the very expressive faces and red lipstick. The design didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but it was still pretty cute, so I thought I would share it.



I started with a base of my go-to cream polish, O.P.I My Vampire is Buff, then used a small dotting tool to apply random polka dots of Milani Black Swift.
Once that dried, I applied the water decals, then topped the simple look off with one coat of my Out the Door top coat, and one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.




Sadly I did not have a small enough dotting tool, so my polka dots were not as fine as I wanted, they read more like leopard print than the quintessential dots seen in pop art images. My Milani polish also did not cooperate and bled a bit, especially on my thumb. But the decals are super cute, and it was still fun to wear. I may have to try it again in the future to improve it though.

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me