Mint & Floral Gradient Nail Art

I meant to post this nail art yesterday, but it was one of those days. I don't know if anyone else has these, where you just wake up and are like "Nope". That was yesterday for me, I had a stressful work day Friday, and just needed an off day. But today I feel better, and want to share a little fashion inspired nail design I did recently.


This nail art was inspired by a dress I saw in a magazine. Of course I could have taken a picture of the dress to show here as well, but I don't think that far!...
But, the dress was cream colored, and at the bottom it has a cream to mint gradient, and sewn into the fabric near the bottom was a floral pattern that also changes from red to black. It sounds weird describing it, but I swear it was cute!


For my inspired design, I started with a base of O.P.I My Vampire is Buff, then used a makeup sponge to apply a gradient of Vampire and Color Club New Bohemian.
Once my base dried, I took Bundle Monster plate BM-419, O.P.I Red, and Milani Black Swift and applied my floral pattern. I tried to avoid the top of my nails, similar to the dress, but it didn't work out as well as I was hoping.
I topped the look off with one coat of my Out the Door top coat, followed by my Essie Matte About You top coat.




This is not my favorite design, I like the color palette, but my half moon floral stamping didn't turn out very well, I wanted it to blend more, and it cuts off a bit harshly. It may have been better to freehand it. I also had some color bleeding, but that always seems to be the bane of my nail art creating existence!

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me