Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes Review

Today I have a review of some face wipes from Burt's Bees. I waited until I had used the whole package so I could say for sure if there were any skincare effects, and frankly waited even longer than that, just from pure unadulterated laziness...



(Sorry about the lighting in my photos, it was not a particularly sunny day when I took them, but the show must go on!)

I picked the Pink Grapefruit scent, I actually don't know if Burt's Bees offers any other scents, most likely they do, but this was the only one available at Target when I picked it up.

I am a fan of Burt's Bees, I've never had an issue with their products, they always work well with my sensitive skin. I am also a fan of face wipes. I know not everyone is, but most of my work shifts are night shifts and at midnight the last thing I care about is washing up, I just want to sleep, so these save my skin and enable my laziness simultaneously on those nights.



I'll start with the packaging: it is very cute, I like the pink color and grapefruit pattern, I also like that it has a re-sealable sticky plastic cover as well as a plastic door on top of that, so I didn't have any issues with the cloths drying out.

As for the cloths themselves, they are not the strongest, I would say if you are a heavy makeup user you will not find them great for removing every trace of your daily makeup. I don't wear a lot of makeup so it removed my base easily enough, but it really didn't remove my mascara too well. I woke up to raccoon eyes on more than one occasion. They did leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed, and didn't leave any sort of residue. I experienced no pronounced dryness or pimples or anything while using these. I would say they work well for dry or oily skin, and since my skin can't decide between the two right now, I can speak for both camps!

My only real complaint with these wipes, and the reason I probably won't purchase them again, is the scent! Which is a tad ironic as it was a big reason why I bought it.
The scent is less pink grapefruit, and more those orange flavored chewable aspirin your mom would give you when you were a little one. Anyone else remember those? You will if you use these wipes. It's an unpleasant nostalgic feeling all over your face... And the scent does linger on the skin, so I would have to hold my breath at times when cleansing my face to not be overpowered by it.
But if you like that harsh, medicated, chalky orange scent, then these are the face wipes for you!

Overall, while the wipes themselves did their job, the scent was the one hurdle I could not overcome. So I most likely will skip these next time I'm doing a Target beauty run.

The Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes retail for around $5-$6, and can be found online, or at your local Target, grocery store, or drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out more beauty reviews click here. Or to find a review of a specific product, you can find my product directory here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me