Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

Tomorrow I have an appointment to go do my taxes, because I am such a grown, sophisticated, adult... -Says the woman sitting here in weird printed leggings, and socks with pretzels printed on them.- While that is such a boring, mundane task, later this week I'm finally going to go see the new live-action Cinderella movie, because while I am a 26 year old tax paying adult, I also am an unabashed Disney fan.

So, not surprisingly, I decided that inspired by the new Cinderella adaptation, I should make some nail art!



When I think of the classic, animated Cinderella (Which though I am seeing the new movie, I had to base my design on the original, as it is one of my favorites.) I think of powder blue, glitter, gold, and her signature black ribbon choker. So these were the main focuses of my nail art today.

I started with a base of O.P.I My Vampire is Buff, -No surprise there! I'm obsessed with this shade right now.- Then used a thin nail art brush and free handed some french tips using Milani Beach Front. A powder blue polish full of fine, silver glitter, that looks like a perfect Cinderella shade of blue.
I also used both colors together on my index finger to create a soft gradient using a makeup sponge.

For some added sparkle, I used Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure and Bundle Monster plate BM-404 to create the soft diamond pattern on most of my nails. I had wished it came out a bit bolder, but now I actually like the soft look of it.

Inspired by Cinderella's ribbon choker, I used some water decals to add a little ribbon detail around my french tips.

And lastly, for even more sparkle, I applied Zoya Liberty to my pinkie nail as an accent.

Besides my accent nail, I topped this look off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




I couldn't take pictures of this design until the next day, as it was raining and had to wait for better lighting. So in the meantime I somehow got some magical tip wear of my Milani blue french tips in the span of less than 12 hours! (I could make some pun about time and turning into a pumpkin, but I'll spare you.) Other than that slight annoyance, I really like how this design came out. It is pretty simple, but I love the look of it, and enjoyed wearing it. I just wish it lasted long enough to wear to see the movie.
I had planned on maybe recreating my Cinema nail art for fun to wear that day, but this one may have won out.

Thanks for reading!
To check out more of my nail art click here.
-Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me