Mew!

I had a lot of fun with my Pikachu nail art, so I thought I would give another favorite a try, Mew!

Mew has always been a favorite Pokemon, and I still remember how hard it was to get a photo of Mew in the Pokemon Snap! game, as well as to capture in the Gameboy games. (I've probably really dated myself here! Does anyone else remember Pokemon Snap? I loved that game.)
I actually believe I caught Mew in the Gameboy game, and with him and Articuno I was unstoppable!

I have, again, caught Mew, but on my nails today.



Mew is a bit harder to work with than Pikachu, given the lack of patterns or many stand out features. However, I focused on mew's large blue eyes and pink coloring, since that is really all I had to work with.

I started with a base of Avon On the Go Pink. Once that was dry, I used a small dotting tool and Essie Strut Your Stuff to create small polka dots on most of my nails. Then for my accent nail, I recreated Mew's signature big blue eyes freehand with a thin striping brush, Strut Your Stuff, and Milani 30A White.
To play up the cartoon feel, after one coat of my Out the Door top coat to seal, I finished the design off with one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.




While I did have a bit of color bleed with my blue polka dots, I really love this nail art, and am very happy with how Mew's eyes came out. I normally shy away from freehand work most of the time, as it never comes out exactly how I want, but this was fun, and I really need to keep it up to improve.

Thanks for reading!
To check out more of my nail art click here. And to check out my last Pokemon nail art, Pikachu! Click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me