Polka Dot Nail Art with Revlon Leather Skinnies

Today's nail art is on the random side. I was eating breakfast, scrolling through my Pinterest feed, as you do, when I stumbled on a picture of an Octopus... No clue why there was an Octopus included in my feed over populated with shoes, nails, clothes, and food, but it was there, and I liked the colors and pattern, so now it has become nail art!

(I don't have a picture, sorry! I did not know the source of the photo, so did not feel comfortable posting it without being able to give credit.)


Honestly, the photo could have been photo shopped, but I know that an Octopus can change its skin texture and color to blend in to the environment or for protection against predators. I don't know why this octopus chose grey and blue polka dots to blend in, if it did, but I like it!

For my inspired nail art I started with a base of Revlon Leather Skinnies, a leather effect polish to play up the textured skin of an Octopus. Once my base was dry, I used a larger dotting tool and applied Sally Hansen Batbano Blue, then Sally Hansen Velveteen on top using a slightly smaller dotting tool.
Batbano Blue is on the shiny side, so to keep the matte finish for the whole look I applied two coats of Essie Matte About You to finish it off.




As you can tell from my Giraffe print design, I am a fan of animal inspired nail art, so it was fun to do another one, even if it was totally random and weird. I also will never pass up the chance to use Batbano Blue, which has to be one of my favorite electric blue polishes ever.

Thanks for reading!
To check out more of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me