Pika-Pikachu!

My first nail design of 2015!
And it is one I have been meaning to do for some time now.
I love Pokemon, I have since I was small, and will continue to no matter what age I am. I will admit that I am more partial to the original characters, but the newer ones are growing on me as I play the newer games. However, Pikachu -As well as Charizard, and Vaporeon.- and all the originals, will always be favorites.

I plan on making a lot more Pokemon nail art this year, which I can thank the awesome Takaratomy figures for. Ever since I found them, I have been addicted to collecting them, which of course inspired way too much Pokemon nail art ideas. So if you are not a fan of Pokemon, I am sorry, but you have been warned... Gotta Catch 'em all! (I had to.)

So today I thought I would kick it off with the classic, and my absolute personal favorite, Pikachu!




To start off my nail art, I used a base of Covergirl XL Nail Gel in shade Haughty Lemon. A color I haven't swatched for the blog yet, but is a perfect Pikachu shade of yellow, with a surprisingly opaque formula. I will have full swatches of it eventually, I swear.

After my base was dry, I free handed my triangular french tips to mimic Pikachu's ears with NYC Black Lace Creme and a striping brush.

For my Pikachu face accent nail I used different sized dotting tools, as well as Black Lace Creme for the nose and eyes, O.P.I Red for the cheeks, and Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt for the eye shine. I originally planned to add a little smiling mouth similar to the figure, but it just didn't look right on a practice nail, so I scrapped it, and actually prefer the finished look without it.

To play up the cartoonish look of the design, I topped it off with a coat of Essie Matte About You top coat.




I know I'm usually really picky and mention faults I am unhappy about when sharing my nail art, but I just loved making this design, and I am really happy with how it came out.
I know it is on the simple side, but I like that in my nail art, and I am also really pleased that the Pikachu face came out really nice, as that was the one part I was nervous would come out sloppy.

It is a bit sad how pleased I was wearing this nail art while holding my Pikachu cased phone!
I am actually still wearing it as I type this, and am a tiny bit sad that I have to finally remove it for tomorrow's nail art, which most likely may be something Pokemon related at this point as well...

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me