Paper to Polish #8

Hello!

I haven't posted a Paper to Polish nail design for a while now (My bad!), so today I finally have one to share!




This nail art was inspired by the background of this Chanel ad. I loved the white and blue color palette, as well as the weathered look of the door.

For my inspired design, I started with a base of O.P.I My Vampire is Buff, a much more cream color than the stark white of the inspiration, but I just love this polish, so I took some liberties.

To recreate the weathered appearance of the blue door, I used a fan brush to apply FingerPaints Tiffany Imposter from the outer sides of my nails inward. I made sure to really brush off most of the polish on a paper towel first, to make sure that it wouldn't completely cover, and look streaky and worn. Once the first coat was dry, I went over it again to fill in any gaps.

I also used the same fan brush and applied Vampire on top, just to blend the two colors together a bit more.

Once the brushwork was dry, I topped the look off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




The fan brush technique is not one I use often, but I really am a fan of it, and love the look it creates.
I am also a huge fan of Tiffany Imposter, (Full swatches soon!) and love it even more paired with My Vampire is Buff.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art from my Paper to Polish series, click here. Or for more of my nail art in general, click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me