e.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer Review

Hello!
Today I am sharing my thoughts on the e.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer in Tone Adjusting Green.


I have heard pretty good things about the e.l.f primers, obviously not as high praise as the more expensive brands out there, but nice reviews for a product that is less than $5. I have been meaning to give it a try for some time, but kept forgetting, then a while back I stumbled on an e.l.f product display and decided to finally give it a try -Along with the lip scrub, which I will have a review of soon.- I've been using this primer daily for at least a month now, maybe two, so I figured it was about time to share my review of it!

I know the e.l.f primers have the regular version, as well as one with a lavender color, which claims to help cancel out yellow tones in the skin, and this green color. The green color is meant to help tone down redness from Rosacea, acne, etc. I have a slight redness to my cheeks that I am not that big a fan of, so I picked this primer in the hopes it would even it out.

As well as the tone adjustment, this product also has claims that it will smooth skin, fight excess oil production, help dryness, and smooth the look of pores, leading to "... A natural and youthful looking radiance." It also obviously helps prep skin for makeup, and helps makeup apply smoothly. The package makes no claims of helping makeup stay longer throughout the day, but that was another hope I had for this primer anyway.


The packaging is nice, especially for such an inexpensive product. The primer comes in a pretty, frosted glass appearing plastic bottle, with a pump nozzle to dispense product. I normally am not a fan of the pump nozzles, they make it so you cannot get every last drop of the product, and half the time they are broken. luckily it was my lucky day and this one worked! One positive of the nozzle is that it dispenses a small amount of the primer, smaller than a dime sized amount, which is good, because not very much is needed when applying. I always hate when you use a nozzle on some products and it gives you half the bottle on one go!

Sadly the little plastic cap for my bottle cracked recently, no idea how, but besides that the bottle is made well, and I haven't had any issues other than that.

My apologies for the scratches on my wrist, my cat Carson thought I would make a good scratching post the day I took these photos.
Now, I am going to state first before I share my opinions on the primer itself that I am not a primer connoisseur by any means, this is the second primer I have ever used, and I have yet to try any "high end" primers to compare this one to. That being said, I am not going to say this is the greatest primer I have used in my little primer experience or anything like that unfortunately.

Over the time I have used it, I really haven't seen any of the benefits the product claims to have, which isn't surprising, most products have lofty claims. My only disappointment would have to be the claim of redness reduction. Even with the green tone I noticed no change in the red color of my cheeks.
I also am not that big a fan of the texture of this primer, it has an odd, velvet texture, that sounds nice in theory, but doesn't feel that great when applying it to my skin. That odd texture also lingers after application before the product absorbs, so that feels weird also. I would much prefer a cream formula.

A positive I will say is that once it is absorbed my skin does feel smoother, however I really did not notice any difference when applying my makeup, or that my makeup lasted longer throughout the day.

Overall, for a $4 primer I really was not expecting some great wizardry of makeup, but it does its job of smoothing skin before applying my daily makeup. However it falls short of its skin care, and redness toning, claims. If you are looking for an inexpensive primer simply to smooth your skin it's not a bad choice, though I would just stick to the regular version, unless you just like having a dash of color to the bottle, in which case you could buy the purple or green colors, because sadly that is about all they do.

Once my bottle is used up, I am going to finally try one of the higher priced brands, to see if they work better than my previous drugstore purchases. If you know of a good brand I should try, please let me know in the comments!

The e.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer retails for $4-$6 and can be found online, or most likely at your local Target. I found my bottle at Target for $4.

Thanks for reading! To check out more beauty reviews click here. Or if you're looking for a specific review of a polish or product, feel free to browse my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me