Dotticure with the China Glaze Loco-Motive Collection

Hello again!
If you are reading this post on my actual blog and not Bloglovin', may have noticed my layout has been altered a bit. I grew tired of the yellow, so went for some black and grey tones. I am seriously having a blog "Midlife crisis" of sorts. I've had my little blog for over a year now (Yay!) and I want a change to the look of I Heart Nail Art, but lack the tech skills to do anything about it. Especially my banner! Window's paint can only do so much :p
I'll figure it out someday, until then, changing the colors did freshen it up a bit for now!

Anyway, today I wanted to share some nail art I've made using all the polishes from the China Glaze Loco-Motive Collection. I've already reviewed all the shades in the 6 piece set, which you can check out here, and here, but felt like all the polishes looked so well together that they needed to be combined into some nail art! I have yet to do a dotticure on this blog, so this was the perfect opportunity.


For my dotticure, I started with a base of Mind the Gap on most of my nails, then used a few differently sized dotting tools to apply One Track Mind, Well Trained, Stop That Train!, and Nice Caboose! in a random fashion down each nail. I went for an almost gradient look, and tried to make sure the dots overlapped to make it look a bit more dimensional.

And because no nail art is complete without an accent nail, and I didn't want to leave the glittery Loco-Motive out, I applied a base of Stop That Train!, then three coats of Loco-Motive.

I finished the look off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




I can't believe it took me this long to make a dotticure! They are very easy to create, and the finished product comes out really cute. I may have to break out this technique more often, especially when I want to use a larger number of polishes in one manicure.

As for the polishes themselves, I already was a fan of the jewel toned shades, and I really like how they look combined as well.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me