December Favorites 2014

Happy New Year!
It is officially 2015, and I figured what better way to start it off than to wrap up 2014 with my December favorites. My favorites lists are also getting a makeover as well, as I have decided that my usual monthly lists are just a jumbled mess of random things I could think of in the moment, which usually means that after I post it, I always think of something else that should have went on the list! So for 2015 I will have organized categories with favorite things each month. I have nails, of course, but also beauty, fashion, lifestyle, nerd, and a random favorite that doesn't fit into the rest. I also felt like adding an "unfavorite" section, because you can't love everything.

Anyway, let's talk about my favorite things for the last month of 2014!



Nerd:
December's nerd favorite has to be the gifts my Aunt got me for my Birthday/Christmas. Normally I really don't often share gifts on my blog, I know it is a hot button issue as to whether it is polite or braggy to do so, so I prefer to stay out of it. But these gifts were a great surprise, and I love them.
Firstly, of course everyone in my family knows my love of The Hobbit and Pop Figures, especially my aunt, as she also shares both addictions. So she got me Legolas and Tauriel, which are super cute and really detailed, and look great next to my Smaug figure.

But the most touching gift, and frankly my overall favorite thing for December, has to be the Smaug necklace she also bought me. It comes in a gorgeous wooden box with a gold plated front, and the necklace itself is just so beautiful! Smaug is my favorite character by far, always has been, and yes he is "evil" or whatever... But he is also a dragon. So I don't care, he is awesome.  My aunt thinks I am totally weird for this, and ended our last conversation about just how awesome Smaug is with "Yes, I know sick child.".


Beauty:
My beauty favorite is the Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Primer potion. It is actually my first ever Urban Decay product, and I picked it up spur of the moment while shopping around Sephora. I have heard great things about their primer potions in the past, so I was excited to give it a try, and I can say I am now a fan. I plan on posting a more detailed review soon, but I will say that I wear it everyday under my eye makeup and it really does brighten my dark circles, and I did notice my makeup does apply smoother as well.


Nails:
December's nail favorite is O.P.I My Vampire is Buff. Not only because it is a lovely color I have wanted to add to my collection for a while, but also because this is my second bottle! I have already mentioned this in a previous post, but my first, completely unopened bottle, met a terrible fate earlier in the month when it shattered all over my floor. So this new bottle is attempt two at owning Vampire. Here's to hoping it lasts longer than its kin. Though at least with this one I got a chance to use it first.



Lifestyle:
My December lifestyle favorite was actually a DIY I did for Christmas that I loved so much I decided to keep up afterwards, Fairy lights! I saw this simple project on the MissGlamorazzi YouTube channel, and it was so easy to make. All you need is a string of lights, some tulle, and ribbon of your choice, and you are set. It is really cute and simple, I placed it around a bookcase in my living room for the holidays, and afterwards decided to use it to liven up my headboard.

Random:
Frankly this should have tied in with my nerd pick, but my random favorite for December has to be The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies! I saw it the day after it was released, and it was amazing. I loved it, and would recommend any Hobbit fan to go see it if you haven't already. While it is sad that the series has come to an end, it was a great movie, and it really inspires you to go watch all the movies in order and relive them again. Which, no surprise, I am doing now... 

Unfavorite:
And lastly, my unfavorite for the last month of 2014.
This is absolutely a total first world, dumb unfavorite, but it is true. Where were the eggnog lattes!
For the past couple of years I look forward to a nice eggnog latte from either Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks during the holiday season, but not this year. I don't know if it is my new location, or it was everywhere, but they were nowhere to be found! Just tumbleweeds and "OK" cookie knockoff flavors. Which was a bit of a disappointment. If you've never had one, they are so good, and you might as well have given them to me by IV at the rate I would drink them when they were available. Unhealthy, yes. But delicious!
Again, a moronic unfavorite, but there it is.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all had a great New Years!
To see what made my favorites list in November click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me