Mint & Holly Holiday Nail Art

I actually have some Christmas nail art to share today!
Shocker I know. Last year I think I managed to post a snowflake design in January, but that was about it. This year I planned ahead, and have two designs to share this Christmas week! The second will be up tomorrow, and not surprisingly, both incorporate the adorable sweater stamp from the NailzCraze NC03 stamping plate, because it is one of the most Christmas-y stamps I own.


For this holiday design, I started with a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt. I had wanted to use my new bottle of O.P.I My Vampire is Buff, as I love the buttery cream color, but that plan was scrapped when I dropped it on my floor, and the poor, not-even-used-yet bottle shattered into pieces! So this polish was plan B, and I have ordered a new bottle of Vampire that hopefully I won't break too. That is the first time I have ever broken a nail polish bottle, so it was a surprise to say the least!

Anyway, once my base color was dry, I used a makeup sponge, Yoga-Then-Yogurt, and Essie Fashion Playground to create a soft gradient. It took about three goes to get nice coverage, since Fashion Playground is on the lighter side.
After topping my gradient off with a quick dry top coat to speed up the drying process, I used my go-to Christmas sweater stamp with Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure on top, followed by Sally Hansen Diamonds for a little sparkle.

For a bit more holiday cheer, I attempted to make a little holly accent using O.P.I Red and a small dotting tool, as well as Rimmel London Green Eyed Monster and a fine striping brush to create the leaves.

The whole design is then finished with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




And because my lamp created some glare with the glossy top coat and glitter, here is a shot of the design in natural light so you can see a bit more detail.


This designs color palette was actually inspired by Bath & Body Works' Vanilla Bean Noel fragrance packaging, with the addition of the holly. I thought it was a nice, different take on Christmas colors, besides the go-to red and forest green, and besides some color bleeding on my holly accent, I enjoyed wearing this design, and it did put me in the holiday spirit.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

Follow Me