Striped Nail Art with Rimmel London Green Eyed Monster

I had a post planned yesterday, and I am sorry I didn't have time to post it, but I discovered I had a hidden Sephora in my mall! And just had to spend my evening browsing some gorgeous products. needless to say, a couple products made it to the check out counter, so expect some new reviews soon!

Today I have some nail art using a super cute lime green polish by Rimmel London that I have been meaning to use in a nail design for a while, but was having trouble coming up with something to showcase it. Because the color is so vibrant, I decided to keep it a little simple, and use more subdued colors along side it. I also risked free handing my stripes, because I really hate working with striping tape unless I have to, it always gives me trouble, makes a mess, and pulls up my base color. It just doesn't like me, and the feeling is mutual! I'm at the point where I only use it for designs that need very precise lines.


For this design, I applied Rimmel London Green Eyed Monster on most of my nails, and L'Oreal Because You're Worth It on my accent nails. Once the gold polish was dry, I applied thin stripes of NYC Black Lace Creme with a striping brush, then used the same brush to apply even thinner stripes of the same L'Oreal shade on top.
To tie in the gold with the green, I used my top coat to adhere some gold studs from the Sally Hansen Studs Kit over Green Eyed Monster.
I finished this nail art with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




I love green eyed monster, it is such a cute, bright green, that has a lovely formula that covers in three easy coats.
I am happy that my free hand stripes are improving! They are still thicker than I want, but I am getting better the more I practice, they used to be a wobbly mess. :p

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me