Paper to Polish #7

Today I have yet another Paper to Polish nail design to share. This one has to have the weirdest inspiration, I am usually inspired by fashion in this nail art series, but this time I was inspired by a bottle of makeup... My nail art addicted mind is strange I know...



So today's design was inspired by this ad for a Maybelline foundation. I love Maybelline, and the product sounds lovely, but I was way more interested in the pale purple to taupe gradient going on! I don't know if the actual bottle has this same gradient, since this ad is really touched up, but that would be cool if it did. But whether or not it does, I knew this color palette would make some cute nail art. Though I did add some glitter in the mix, because I can never pass up glitter!


For my inspired nail art, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Lady Lavender, then used a makeup sponge and sponged on Lady Lavender and Butter London Tea with the Queen to create my gradient.
For a little sparkle, I applied a thin coat of Sally Hansen Diamonds (Which, by the way, has one of the best bottles ever, and I cannot deny the gorgeous diamond cut bottle was mostly why I bought this polish. Luckily, it also turned out to be a lovely silver glitter topper as well!), and because I love the look of matte glitter, I topped the look off with a coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.




As other gradient fans may know, some polishes are just not meant to be used in gradients. Tea with the Queen is one of those polishes. Sadly, it just would not stick, and kept fading off at the edges, and no matter how many times I would let the polish dry completely, then apply another coat, I could not get it to stay! It was very frustrating, and profanities were said... So, needless to say, I am not too happy with the results, but I do like the color combination, and the look of Diamonds with a matte top coat is lovely. I had wanted to use my favorite taupe polish by ColorClub for the gradient, but discovered that it dried out completely, so that was sad. :( But I will take it as an excuse to purchase a new pale taupe shade! :p

Thanks for reading! To check out more Paper to Polish nail designs click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me