Maybelline Polka Dots Dotty Swatches & Review

Even though it is already around mid-November, it is still technically autumn, and today I have swatches of a very fall toned polish by Maybelline.

You may have seen this polish already if you saw my recent Halloween inspired nail art (here), where I mentioned my love for this shade, so I am happy to finally have some full swatches to share!



Dotty is from the Color Show Polka Dots collection, which consists of tinted bases full of matte hex glitters. You can find swatches of two other shades from this line here, and here. (Be forewarned, these are older posts with much poorer photo quality! Luckily I have improved a little bit since then.)

This polish is a newer shade with a burnt orange base, -That can look brighter depending on the base color used underneath.- full of black and white matte hex glitters in differing sizes.
The base may be tinted, but it is very sheer, so reaching full opacity on its own is a bit difficult. I would suggest applying a base color first to help coverage.
The hex glitter is my favorite part of this line, as I am a total sucker for matte glitter. The smaller pieces apply to the nails very easily, though the larger ones can clump together a bit, -No surprise there if you work with glitter a lot.- but careful application, and dabbing the coats on with the brush, does wonders.

For my swatches I applied three thin coats to my nails over a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-then-Yogurt, followed by one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




As you can see, the lighter your base color, the brighter the orange tint becomes. For my Halloween nail art I had a cream and burnt orange gradient underneath, leading to a warmer orange tone when I applied this shade over it. It is a cool polish to play with, and because of that faint tinted base, it would make a great polish for a jelly sandwich. It even has a jelly-like formula and look to it on the nails, especially when top coated.

The Polka Dots collection is one of my faves from Maybelline, my only complaints are that all the polishes have black and white glitter with different base tones. I wish they would branch out and try other glitter colors, as it can get a bit boring. They also need to make more! There is currently only like 5 shades in the collection! Get to work Maybelline! :p

Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots retail for around $5, and can be found online or at your local drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out more swatch and reviews click here. Or for a review of a specific polish or product, why not browse my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

What is your favorite nail polish collection from Maybelline? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me