China Glaze Loco-Motive Collection Swatches & Review Part.2

Sorry for being so quiet on the blog front! I am excited about the latest Assassin's Creed installment, so I have been replaying the earlier games to refresh my memory before purchasing it. so basically this whole week, including Thanksgiving (Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving by the way!) I've been sneaking around various locations and time spans taking out bad guys. If that's not a good way to spend a holiday I don't know what is! :p
But today I am back, and have the last two polishes from the China Glaze Loco-Motive collection to share with you. As I mentioned in Part.1, this collection, as well as it's sister collection All Aboard, each contain six polishes, and are themed around train travel, with plenty of train puns to go around.
I go into more detail about each set in part.1, so feel free to take a look here.
These are the last two polishes from Loco-Motive, and saving the best for last, are two of my favorites.

Nice Caboose! & One Track Mind.
Nice Caboose!

Nice Caboose! (Great name by the way!) is a shimmery, deep violet creme with tones of purple, gold, and silver shimmer. There is also flecks of silver shards visible in the bottle, but sadly these do not register on my nails. Besides that, this polish is gorgeous to look at, and dries to a nice glossy finish with top coat.
I was able to reach great opacity with three thin coats, followed by my Out the Door fast drying top coat.
This is one of my favorite polishes from this collection, I love a good purple, and the mix of jewel toned shimmer is a nice touch, I just wish it was more visible in photos so you could see it as well! Though you can see a hint of it in the bottle in the photos.

One Track Mind.

And lastly, One Track Mind is a rich royal blue creme. I know not everyone is a fan of blue nail polish, but I love it, especially rich blues like this shade. It also has fantastic coverage, I reached full opacity with two medium coats, and topped it with one coat of top coat.
It is a very dark blue, but it also has a nice, almost electric blue tone to it as well. You can see it on the edges of my nails, and in the bottle. I also love the glossy finish to it.
The only pitfall is staining, which is to be expected with such a pigmented blue, so if you are worried about that I would suggest starting with a base coat, as well as being careful around the cuticle and skin, as it stains a bit there too. Though that comes off easily with some acetone and a clean up brush.

Like I said in part.1, I really like this collection. The jewel toned shades are very pretty by themselves or combined in nail art (Hint at what's to come...).
As for my favorites, along with Well Trained and Mind the Gap, One Track Mind and Nice Caboose! are stand outs as well.

The Loco-Motive and All Aboard Collections retail for $30 each. Ulta currently sells them as an "Online only" purchase so I am still not sure if they are sold in store at other beauty supply stores.
Amazon also still sells both sets for around $30 each.

Thanks for reading! To check out part one click here. Or to check out more of my swatch & reviews click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. OMG! that purple shade just stunning ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's one of my favorites from this collection! :)

      Delete

Follow Me