Paper to Polish #6

I realized recently that I haven't made a Paper to Polish post in some time! (If you're unfamiliar, it is a nail art series I made, where I take inspiration from my favorite fashion magazines.) So I broke out my most recent Vogue and went to work.



For this magazine inspired design, I took inspiration from this Saint Laurent ad. I have always loved black and white photography, and loved the touches of sparkle with the giant brooches.

For my take, it dawned on me that I have never posted any french manicures, so I decided to create a black and white french, keeping with the classic feel by adding white pearl caviar beads for an accent nail.


I started with a base of NYC Black Lace Creme on most of my nails, and a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt on my accent nail.
Once my black base color was dry, I used a thin, flat nail art brush and free-handed my french tips using Yoga-Then-Yogurt. It took two coats to cover the black polish.
For my accent nail I applied a thick coat of my top coat, then quickly before it dried I carefully poured my caviar beads over it. I also gently pressed the beads into the top coat to make sure they were really stuck.
My design is topped off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat. I applied two coats over the caviar beads to be on the safe side.

I was going to add a matte top coat over the design, but I tested it out, and it just ended up looking like a chalkboard. :p




This is my first design using caviar beads -Late to the party I know!- so my technique needs some work. It was a total mess! I also had some bare patches I had to touch up, but I really like the effect. My two coats of top coat worked out well, I had no fall out, and it did take some work to take off the beads once I had to remove the design.

Overall this is not my favorite design, I'm thinking I may have liked it more if I had inverted the french tip, white base with a black french. But I love french manicures, and it was fun to try out the caviar beads.

Thanks for reading! For more of my Paper to Polish nail designs click here. Or to check out all of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me