Creepy Crawly Nail Art

This is the second Halloween I've had this blog, and the first time I have made any Halloween themed nail art! I know this post is a bit early, but last year I had big plans, but procrastinated and didn't have time to make anything! So this year I am redeeming myself with some simple nail art that was inspired by Halloween, as well as autumn in general with the use of some pretty pumpkin colored polishes from my collection.
I was going to go with a much bolder orange color palette, but I am not that big of a fan of bright orange, so the burnt orange tone was much more fun to work with. Also, as I mentioned in this post, Julep Ingrid was such a perfect pumpkin color that I had to use it for some fall inspired nail art.


For the base of my spider filled nail art, I used the cream polish from a The New Black nail polish set you can read more about here. Once my base was dry, I applied it, as well as Julep Ingrid, to a makeup sponge and created a cream and pumpkin colored gradient on all of my nails. I ended up going over it three times to make the effect bolder.
Once my gradient was dry, I used a spider stencil set by Revlon I found a long time ago at a discount store to create my little spiders using the same cream base polish. I then decided to test out my free-hand skills and used a thin striping brush and the cream shade to create a little spider web on my index finger.
For my accent nail I broke out this really interesting polish by Maybelline called Dotty, a really cool mix of burnt orange base color and black and white matte hex glitters, and applied it over my gradient. The base color was a bit too dark, but you can still make out the gradient near the bottom.

I topped my creepy crawly nail art off with a coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat, then two coats of my Essie Matte About You top coat.





Overall I really like this nail art. I wish my spider web was a little bit thinner, but for a first go it's not bad. I love the Maybelline shade, it is such a unique polish that has been sitting on my "untried polish" stand for a long time, so I was very happy to find a good design to use it for. I will definitely have to post some full swatches of it soon!

Thanks for reading! For more nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

Follow Me