Too Faced Brow Envy Kit Review

You know those days when the only "word" you can think of to describe how you feel is simply bleh... I am having one of those days today. I can't pinpoint why, but I just don't feel very well, and I would love to be curled up reading the whole day. But alas, I cannot. But what I can do is take a little time to share and review one of my favorite new makeup products!

I have been using a small NYC brow pencil for a long time to fill in my brows, so when it finally kicked the bucket, I decided to buy my first ever full "eyebrow kit". So, when I happened to be at Ulta, picking up the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, I stumbled on the Too Faced Brow Envy Kit and thought I would give it a try. I had not seen any blog reviews about it, so I totally bought it blindly, but I am very glad I did.






The kit comes in a black and gold trimmed cardboard box, which holds a pretty, durable tin in the same colors. The tin has a magnetized closure, built in mirror, and like the Chocolate Bar palette, feels very well made. It closes very securely, so I could see myself taking this in a travel makeup bag with no worry of it falling open.



Inside the little tin, you get a Glamour Guide, stencils, a small angled brush, a spooley, and some cute little gold tweezers that work really well. They are my go-to tweezers when grooming my brows now.
I've already been applying makeup to my brows for a while now, so I really didn't need the booklet or stencils, but they seemed pretty helpful if you've never filled in your brows before, and don't want to over do it like I used to back in the day. :p Less is more!


(L-R) Brunette brow powder, blonde brow powder, highlighter, and setting wax.
The kit comes with four pans; two brow powders, one in blonde, the other in brunette.
A pale pink highlighter that is slightly chalky, but blends well, and looks nice with my skin tone.
And a brow setting wax.
The blonde powder seemed a bit too light for my brows, so I use the brunette pan. Once that pan runs out, I don't think I will be able to pull off the blonde, so it's pretty useless. But I only need a very small amount to fill in my brows, so I still have some time yet till I reach pan on the brunette powder.
Also, I just found out while browsing Ulta's website, Too Faced also sells little jars of just one color brow powder, so you could always replace your preferred powder when the time inevitably comes, and keep using the wax and highlighter.

The brow powders are very smooth, they are not at all chalky, and fill in my brows nicely without looking too jarring or obvious.
To apply, I like to apply a small amount of powder onto the angled brush, then apply it with feathered brush strokes in the direction my brows grow. Then I apply the highlighter with my fingertips on my brow bones, and the inner corners of my eyes. Lastly, and this may be the wrong way to do it, but this is my first brow kit so I don't know, I twirl the spooley into the setting wax and comb my brows to give them a nice shape. I tried using my fingers to apply the wax, then use the spooley, but it just didn't work. My way is a bit messier, but it works.

This kit and the Chocolate Palette are my first Too Faced purchases ever, and I have to say I am very impressed. The containers themselves are not only pretty, but very sturdy and well built, and the actual makeup is lovely and easy to use.

I love using this kit, it takes only a few minutes every morning, and my brows look nice and shaped. I would really recommend it if your looking for a nice brow kit.

The Too Faced Brow Envy Kit retails for around $39 and can be found online, or wherever Too Faced products are sold. I bought mine at Ulta.

Thanks for reading! To check out more beauty reviews click here. Or if your looking for a review of a specific product, you can take a look through my product directory by clicking here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me