Gold and Floral Water Decal Nail Art

I finally have some nail art to share!
I haven't made a nail design since my Gradient Butterfly Wings, and figured it was about time to get back to it. I kept it a tad simple to warm up since it has been a while, but I also decided to take my Pueen water decals for a spin and see how well they work. This is my first time using them, and I was concerned they would be a pain, but they were quite easy to work with, and the results were so cute.


I wanted something girly, with touches of gold, as I am currently loving gold for my home decor, so I thought I would bring it to my nails.
I started with a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt, let it dry, then used a mid-sized dotting tool and L'Oreal Because You're Worth It to make my gold polka dot pattern.
I soaked the floral decals in water, peeled them from the backing, and placed them onto my nails using tweezers. They slip around a bit because of the water, but they were very easy to get off the backing, and once placed with some pressure, the decals stick well.
Once my decals were set, I applied one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.
I wanted a touch more gold and pink to tie everything together, so I used Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer Sugar Plum, a super cute pink textured shade with bright gold shimmer, on my thumbs and ring fingers. I skipped the top coat to preserve the texture.




I like how this design came out, and was a bit sad when I finally had to remove it!
I was very pleased with the decals as I've mentioned, and I can't wait to try some more. I was worried you would be able to see the edges of the decal once on the nail, but it blends in perfectly with the white base. I don't know if that will work as well with a colored base, but I hope so.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

Follow Me