China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla Swatches & Review

Hello!
Today I am sharing some swatches of one of my favorite nail polishes, China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla.

Among nail polish addicts, textured polishes seem to be very polarizing at times, people either love them or hate them, and I am totally in the love them camp! Especially the frosting polishes, which as the moniker implies, are nail polishes that have a texture very similar to cake frosting.

I had been hunting for a really good frosting polish, but kept getting disappointed, as they would look great in the bottle, but once on my nails they totally fall flat. Well not anymore! I had heard about this polish on quite a few blogs, but I first saw swatches on Let Them Have Polish, and knew I had to get my hands on it! But the nail gods did not agree, and I could not for the life of me find it! But a while ago I was shopping a big nail polish sale at sally's and while digging through a clearance bin I stumbled on Sand Dolla and almost yelled! Embarrassing yes, but I was so stupidly thrilled I did not care. :p

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla.

Sand Dolla Make You Holla is a thick, pale pink creme base, with small round glitter in purple, blue, green, yellow, and silver.
Like most textured polishes, it applies pretty smoothly, and the texture changes as it dries. It also loses the glossiness it has in the bottle, but that is what gives it the cute frosting look.
I will say that because of the thick formula, it does level weird at times, but if you try to apply your coats as evenly as possible, it self levels well enough. But I could tell the bottle I bought was a bit old, and Sally's didn't store it very well, so that may be why. I may thin it out to see if that helps.

For my swatches I applied four thin coats, and skipped my top coat to save the textured finish.



In natural light.
I love this polish! It is my go-to polish for any in between manicures when I'm not swatching or doing a nail design. It looks so cute on the nails, and I love the very girly pink base mixed with the rainbow of glitter. When I look at it I think of the sprinkled frosting you see on Poptarts, and it's awesome.

China Glaze nail lacquers retail for around $5 - $6, and can be found online or at your local beauty supply.

Thanks for reading! To check out more swatches and reviews click here. Or for a review of a specific polish or product, feel free to look through my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me