Sally Hansen Great White Swatches & Review

Hello! I hope you're all keeping cool, as it is ridiculously hot where I am right now. Luckily, air conditioning exists!
Today I am swatching a very pretty white polish by Sally Hansen called Great White. Which makes me think of the movie Jaws every time I read the name. I love sharks, so that was another reason I wanted this polish.
I had this polish on my wish list for some time, but kept forgetting to buy it. Then during a trip to my local drugstore this beauty caught my eye, as I was looking for an interesting white polish. Only when I got home did I realize it was Great White! The luck!

Sally Hansen Great White.


Great White is from Sally Hansen's Triple Shine line, and is a snowy white creme base, full of fine silver shimmer that can also read pink or green in certain lighting.
The formula is a tad on the watery side, and like most white polishes the first coat is a little streaky. But a lot less so than other white polishes in my collection.
Even on the first coat the shimmer is quite bold, which I was quite happy about.
The only issue I had was reaching full opacity. Not surprising with white polish. This shade is not the two coater I've been searching for, but I reached nice coverage after five thin to medium coats.
This polish does have some self leveling problems, but given how many coats I needed to reach full opacity this isn't a shock. Luckily, my Out the Door fast drying top coat helped to level it out, so it's not terribly noticeable at a distance.




I love this polish. The formula is not ground breaking, but I really wanted a white polish with some interest to it, and not just a plain creme, and this shade fit my qualifications perfectly.
I was concerned at first that the white and shimmer combo might fall too far into winter territory for summer, but I think it makes a nice, fresh, and pretty summer shade as well.
I wish the shimmer read as well in photos as it does in real life, but take my word for it, it is very sparkly, but not too over the top either.

Sally Hansen Great White retails for around $5, and can be found online, or at your local drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out more swatch & reviews click here. Or if your looking for a review of a specific polish or product, why not check out my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me