Paper to Polish #4

Today I am sharing with you the fourth installment of my Paper to Polish magazine inspired nail art series.
If your new to my little series, this is where my nail art addiction really comes into play, and I make a nail design inspired by an ad or editorial inside one of my favorite fashion magazines.


Here are the supplies for my nail art, as well as a tiny little kitten shoulder in the corner, courtesy of Carson.


This weeks nail art was inspired by this ad for a clothing brand that I completely forgot the name of! :p I don't have the magazine near me to check, but apparently it has something to do with New York. I really liked the mix of yellow and bright blue, and the touches of gold in the bracelets.


For my inspired nail art, I started with a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt on my middle and ring finger, and Butter London Cheeky Chops on my index finger, pinkie, and thumb. For my half moons, I applied hole reinforcers before applying Cheeky Chops, then quickly removed them before the polish dried.
For my floral accent nails, I used NailzCraze stamping plate NC01 and Sally Hansen Batbano Blue.
And lastly, for my gold touches I applied gold studs from Sally Hansen's I Heart Nail Art Studs Kit by dipping them in top coat and placing them onto my nails with the included pick up tool.
I topped my design off with a coat of my Out the Door fast dry top coat. I applied two coats on my half moon nails to make sure the studs were extra secure.
Once that top coat was dry, I applied one coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat.
I apologize for the state of my middle finger's cuticle. Carson chomped down on my hand, and stabbed my cuticle with one of his tiny kitten fangs! Luckily its healed up quite fast, but this post was right after, so it's still a bit painful looking.




I like this design, it seems very tropical to me for some reason, perfect for summer. Though I am sad to say that Cheeky Chops, my favorite yellow polish ever, is on its last leg at this point. You can tell in the photos that it is getting super gooey. I guess it's time for a replacement!

And now, to finish this post off with some cuteness, here is a full shot of Carson, doing his best to prevent me from taking pictures.


Thanks for reading! To check out more nail designs from my Paper to polish series, click here. Or to check out all of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me