Gradient Butterfly Wing Nail Art

You can never go wrong with butterfly wing nail art.
I know I've already created a butterfly wing design in the not so distant past, but I had the urge to create one paired with a gradient. My two current nail art addictions in one manicure! I also decided to break it up a bit with some frames, because why not.


I started with a base of L'Oreal Paris Mint Glacee, my current mint polish obsession. Once that dried, I used a makeup wedge and sponged on Mint Glacee, and a Relatively new untried polish, Revlon Nail Art Suncandy Northern Lights to create my gradient. If you read my review of its sister polish, Revlon Nail Art Mooncandy Orbit you know I was not very pleased with its formula, but this new "nail art candy" polish is a total improvement.
On my ring finger I used the included green and blue holo-glitter shade from the Revlon polish duo to add some sparkle to my accent nail. Once everything was dry, I free-handed my frames using NYC Black Lace Creme and a thin striping brush, then stamped on my butterfly wing accent using NailzCraze stamping plate NC01 and the same black polish.
I topped the design off with my Out the Door fast drying top coat.
(Sorry about the cat hair in my photos, that stuff gets everywhere!)




During this nail design, the terrible happened. As it was drying, I completely destroyed my index nail gradient by hitting it against a table. -Gasp!- After some profanities, I tried to fix it, but that just made it worse! It may be the perfectionist in me, but seeing how well the other nails came out, I couldn't just accept it. So I had to completely wipe the nail and start over. That was really annoying to do, but I think it was worth it for the finished product! The things you do for nail blogging! :p

Like I said in the beginning of this post, I just love butterfly wing nail designs, they are so cute. I even got some major compliments on it during a recent trip to Ulta.
I do think my frames need a bit of work, but practice makes perfect, right?
I was also really pleasantly surprised by the Suncandy polish, the formula was quite lovely, so look for a full review of that in the near future.

Thanks for reading! To check out more of my nail art click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me