A Month in Manis: June 2014

It is time for yet another of my monthly round ups of all my swatches and nail designs for June 2014.
Everyone says this, and I am no exception, I can't believe it is already July! I'm going to have to start storing my poor nail polishes next to my air conditioner to protect them from this dreaded summer heat!
Anyway, while I work out the logistics of that, let's take a look through June's manicures:


June started off with swatches of Blue-Berry Sweet On You, a shimmery purple toned blue shade from Nicole by O.P.I's adorable Gumdrops textured polish collection.
I applied three thin coats, and skipped my top coat to preserve the textured finish.
(From Nicole by O.P.I Blue-berry Sweet On You Swatches & Review)


My first nail art in June is from my Paper to Polish nail art series, and was inspired by an ad in a fashion magazine. I used Colorclub Nomadic in Nude, O.P.I Red, and NailzCraze stamping plate NC03. Followed by my Essie Matte About You top coat.
(From Paper to Polish #3)


Back to back nail art! As well as another nasty cuticle injury. Sorry! Carson -My kitten.- just loves attacking my hands, and my cuticles pay the price.
I learned a better technique for gradients, and now I am hooked! For this gradient I used Avon Lime Sublime, Rimmel London Britpop, and Zoya Tomoko for my accent nail. Topped with my Out the Door fast dry top coat.
(From Green Gradient Nail Art)


This quirky little glitter bomb is Milani Sugar Rush, an interesting blend of matte and holographic hex glitter. I applied 2-4 coats over a base of Milani Showy Sea-Green. Followed by my Essie top coat.
(From Milani Sugar Rush and Showy Sea-Green Swatches & Review)


Showy Sea-Green needed its time in the spotlight too! For my swatches I applied two medium coats, followed by my Essie top coat.
(From Milani Sugar Rush and Showy Sea-Green Swatches & Review)


Inspired by Milani Sugar Rush, I created some half moon nail art using it, Showy Sea-Green, and Sally Hansen Nude Now. I finished the design off with a coat of my Out the Door top coat.
(From Triangle Nail Art With Milani Sugar Rush)


Probably my most random nail art ever! Inspired by my new travel makeup brushes, I made this gradient polka dot look using Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt and Nicole by O.P.I Carnival Cotton Candy. I topped it off with my Out the Door top coat.
(From Polka Dot Gradient Nail Art)


For my last swatch and review for June, I dug through my nail polish stash and swatched Sally Hansen Pat On the Black, an oldie but goodie deep plum creme.
I applied two thin coats, followed by my Essie top coat.
(From Shopping the Stash: Sally Hansen Pat On the Black)


And lastly, a manicure I shared on Instagram -Link on the right, hint, hint. :p-
I made this stamped look with a base of Nicole by O.P.I Yoga-Then-Yogurt, and stamped the floral pattern using Sally Hansen Batbano Blue and NailzCraze stamping plate NC01.

Thanks for reading! To check out my manicure round up for May 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me