My Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes

Since I've already shared my top 5 Easter nail polishes, and my top 5 spring nail polishes, I thought I would continue the cycle today with my top 5 summer nail polishes! -Bet you didn't see that coming... :p -
All but one of these polishes can be found at your local drugstore, so if your looking for a nice summer polish shade, I would highly recommend picking up one of these.

My top 5 summer nail polishes!
Milani Neon Pink Hottie.
First up is a cute, bright, pink neon shade called Pink Hottie from Milani. I always picture neon shades when I think of summer, especially this year, as a lot of brands are releasing neon collections.
This shade has a great formula, and the bright pink color of the bottle is quite true to the actual shade inside. It is super bright and cute, and like most neon polishes, will look great with a nice summer tan. -Which I will not get, because I am ghostly pale, and I don't tan I burn. But I still love this polish.-

Milani Neon Pink Hottie can be found online or at your local drugstore, and retails for around $5.

Butterlondon Poole.
Now for a more subdued shade. I picked Butterlondon Poole, a nice dusty blueish/green creme.
I like the color, it reminds me of water, and the name fits it perfectly.

Butter London Poole retails for $15, and can be found at Ulta or online.

Sally Hansen Sweetie.
I had to include a sunny yellow in this list! And to shake things up, I also included some texture.
Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Sweetie is a yellow creme with a sugary textured finish. It is also a more subdued yellow, if super bright colors are not your thing.

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Sweetie retails for around $5, and can be found online or at your local drugstore.

Rimmel London Britpop.
now, if you want a darker, bolder color, I picked Rimmel London Britpop. A slightly glossy blue creme. I love blue shades for summer, and I think this is a really nice shade, and is bold without falling into neon territory. Plus, I just think the name is really cute.

Rimmel London Britpop retails for around $3 to $5, and can be found at your local drugstore or online.

Milani Teal.
I realized I have yet to include a glitter topper in any of my top 5 lists! So to change that, for my final polish I picked Milani Teal. A clear based polish full of bright blue micro glitter, and blue, green, and silver hex glitter.
I love the color combination, it makes me think of fish scales. This polish can't really be brought to full opacity by itself, but it is a great glitter overlay. I recommend it over Rimmel London Britpop.

Milani Teal retails for $5, and can be found online, or at your local drugstore.

Now for some swatches:


I applied three coats of each polish, and skipped my top coat. For Milani Teal, I swatched it over Rimmel London Britpop.

Thanks for reading! To check out my other Top 5 lists click here.
-xo Brittany

What are your favorite summer nail polish shades? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me