Milani Sugar Rush and Showy Sea-green Swatches & Review

My local drugstore was having yet another buy one get one 50% off sale on Milani nail polishes. And like always, I. Just. Couldn't. Resist.
So today I will be introducing you to two new additions to my little Milani polish family.

Milani Sugar Rush.

Close up of Milani Sugar Rush.
First up is Milani Sugar Rush. A really interesting mix of matte hex glitters in white, lime green, and peachy tan, with rainbow holographic hex glitter, all combined in a clear base.
The formula is a little watery, so the glitter is hard to get on to the nail. I had to fish them out with the brush and place them onto my nails, which happens a lot with larger glitter formulas, so I was not surprised.

Milani Sugar Rush under lamp.

Milani Sugar Rush in natural light.
Because of the clear base, this polish is really only made to be a glitter overlay. I knew trying to bring this polish to full opacity would be an absolute mess, but because I apparently like to torture myself, I decided to see how far I could go before the polish turned into a complete gooey mess.
For my swatches, I applied just two coats onto my index finger and pinkie as a glitter overlay over Showy Sea-green. Then I played with the coverage a bit on my middle and ring finger, and applied four coats over the same base polish. Followed by my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.
Again, it is not really possible to achieve full opacity with this shade, but it looks really interesting as an overlay. I also love it when combined with Showy Sea-green.
I like the mix of matte and holographic glitter, and the muted color palette, I just hate how clumpy this polish is! Especially if you apply more than two coats. It definitely is not the smoothest polish, and the clear base is prone to air bubbles. I wish the formula was as great as the color palette, then I would really love it.

Milani Showy Sea-green.
Next is Milani Showy Sea-green. A mid-tone dusty green creme. Like most Milani creme polishes, this shade has a lovely, thick formula, though it is a tad streaky on the first coat.
The coverage is amazing! I achieved complete opacity after two medium coats. I will admit I was a little concerned at first, because there were some visible brush strokes, but I think that was because of how thick the formula is. Once the polish settled and started drying, the brush strokes disappeared.
This polish was also topped with my Essie top coat.

Milani Showy Sea-green under lamp.


Milani Showy Sea-green in natural light.
I love green nail polish, and this has to be one of my favorite shades of green. I really like the glossy finish, and the muted tone. It's funky and chic at the same time. OK, I'm done fangirling!

Both Sugar Rush and Showy Sea-green retail for $5, and can be found online or at your local drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out more swatches & reviews click here. Or if your looking for a review of a specific polish or product, why not check out my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me