May 2014 Favorites

It is time yet again for my monthly list of favorite things, this time for May 2014.
I know it is totally cliche, and I say it almost every favorites post, but this year is going by so fast! I honestly feel like I just wrote my April favorites list. But, regardless, lets get on with May's list!

Sugar Shimmer polishes and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
A two for one picture! First up is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I have actually already read this book a few months ago, but I borrowed it from my mother. So when I found it at a local store I jumped at the chance to own my own copy. I love this book. To quote the synopsis:
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of peculiar photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. What more could you ask for in a novel! It is quite a weird book, but in the best possible way, and really hard to explain, so I would just suggest giving it a read.
My next favorites are nail polish (Shocking!). I already own one of Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat textured polishes, and it is one of my favorites. I had no clue they also made a shimmery version, so of course when I finally found it, I had to buy two. I picked up Mint Tint and Cinny Sweet, and the names are just as cute as the polishes themselves. They look very similar to the Nicole by O.P.I Gumdrops textured polishes, so I am curious to try them out and compare.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
Another book! I think at this point this book is so well known I really don't need to give a synopsis... But I loved The Fault in Our Stars, and I could not put it down. I have never read a novel by John Green before, I usually just watch his Youtube channels, but based on this book I plan on reading all of his work. I find his writing to be similar to Jodi Picoult, in story telling and humor.

O.P.I Limited Edition Sally Beauty 50th Anniversary Collection.
Yes, even more nail polish. :p
Another nail polish favorite this month is this polish set created by O.P.I and Sally Beauty Supply to celebrate Sally Beauty's 50th anniversary. It consists of Pop the Cork, a bold, gold glitter, and 50 is the New Fabulous, a bright, fuchsia creme. I think they are really pretty shades, especially together. And I can't wait to swatch them, which I will get time to do eventually!

New purse!

A fashion favorite this month is this adorable backpack given to me by my mother. She bought it during a trip to California, but got tired of it so she gave it to me! Yay!
I normally don't use backpacks, but it is great for summer, and holds a lot of stuff, which is good for me because I always seem to accumulate a wide assortment of random stuff! And while, sadly, this is not a real Chanel bag, it is really cute, and easy to carry.

Sybil!

And now, saving the best for last. An adorable, furry favorite for May has to be Sybil! My newly adopted kitten. She is just the cutest little thing, and is currently trying to nap on my mouse pad as I type this.
If you would like to see even more cute photos of this little fur ball you can check out my recent post all about her here.

Thanks for reading! To check out my list of favorite things for April 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me