Green Gradient Nail Art

I was trying to think of a nail design to post, when I realized I've never posted a gradient! I've done textured gradients, and glitter gradients, but not a regular sponged gradient.
So for today's nail art I decided to change that!


For my gradient I started with a base of Avon Lime Sublime, let that dry fully, then took a makeup sponge and brushed on a heavy coat of Lime Sublime and Rimmel Britpop, making sure they overlapped a bit in the middle. I then gently sponged them onto my nails, moving the sponge slightly.
I ended up going over it again a couple more times to make the effect bolder.

For some sparkle, I applied one of my favorite Zoya shades, Tomoko, as an accent nail.
Then I topped the design off with one coat of my Out the Door fast drying top coat.




I love sponged gradients! That's why I'm so surprised I haven't posted one until now.
I really like how this one came out, I normally blend the polishes together on a surface, then dip the makeup sponge into the polishes, but this technique worked way better for me.
Britpop blended in nicely with Lime Sublime, though I did have to apply it really thick to get the blue to pop against the green. But it was worth it.

Thanks for reading! To check out more nail art I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me