A Month in Manis: May 2014

I honestly didn't think I would even get to write this post today! The power went out on my whole block last night, someone damaged a pole, and it did not look good. But luckily the power came back on early this morning, so here I am to share with you my monthly manicure round up for May 2014.


My first manicure for May was made with my favorite polish combination, Milani A Rose Mylady and Milani Disco Lights. I topped it off with my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.
(From Shopping the Stash: Milani A Rose Mylady and Disco Lights Swatches & Review)


I expanded my Zoya collection in May with two beautiful polishes. The first being this dusty, grey/green creme called Bevin. I applied three medium coats, then my Essie top coat.
(From Zoya Bevin and Tanzy Swatches & Review)


My next manicure was made with Zoya Tanzy, an orange holo-shimmer full of bright tones of orange and gold.
I applied four coats, followed by my Essie top coat.
(From Zoya Bevin and Tanzy Swatches & Review)


My first nail design for May was created with a base of Rimmel London Britpop, then I used a fan brush and Butterlondon Scoundrel, Sinful Colors Unicorn, and Nicole by O.P.I Sweet Daisy on most of my nails. For my accent nail I stamped all the colors on top of each other using NailzCraze stamping plate NC 01. I finished my design with my Essie top coat.
(From Peacock Feather Nail Art)


The second installment of my Paper to Polish nail art series. I made this Burberry inspired design using Colorclub Nomadic in Nude, Sinfulcolors Snow Me White, NYC Black Lace Creme, O.P.I Red, and a thin nail art brush. I topped it off with my Essie top coat.
(From Paper to Polish #2)


A long over due dupe post! I pitted Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air against Revlon Whimsical.
I applied around four coats for both polishes, followed by my Essie top coat.
(From Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air Dupe)



I next swatched one of my favorite textured polish collections ever, the O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection. It consists of four polishes called Samba-dy Loves Purple, What's a Little Rainforest?, I'm Brazil Nuts Over You, and You're So Flippy Floppy. I applied around 2-3 coats of each polish, and skipped my top coat to preserve the textured finish.
(From O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection Swatches & Review)


Inspired by the Brazil textured polishes, I made this little textured gradient nail art using all four shades over a base of Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen. Again, I skipped my top coat to show off the awesome textured finish.
(From Textured Gradient Nail Art with O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection)


My last nail design for May. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Great White. Then used a thin striping brush to free hand my stripes using Revlon Midnight. I made my gold half moons with the same brush and Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure. I finished the design off with one coat of my Essie Matte About You Top Coat.
(From Navy Striped Nail Art)


This silver glitter bomb is O.P.I Desperately Seeking Sequins. I applied four coats over a base of Sinfulcolors Out of This World, followed by my Essie top coat.
(From O.P.I Desperately Seeking Sequins and Glitter Off Base Coat Swatches & Review)

Thanks for reading! To check out my manicure round up for April 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany
Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me