Zoya Bevin and Tanzy Swatches & Review

Happy Monday! I was up until almost midnight working last night. Luckily I get to work from home in my pajamas, but I do have the sleep patterns of an 80 year old woman, so I might be a bit tired. I did leave my house today without my phone, forgot to brush my hair, and then almost left my keys in my car with my car still running while going to get coffee to wake myself up, so I think those are some good indications that I may need a nap as well....

But I am never too tired to talk about nail polish! Especially one of my favorite brands, Zoya. Today I have two Zoya polishes to share with you, then I may go and take a nap...

Zoya Bevin.
Yes, I tried out a new hand pose! I kind of like it, but I may stick to my go to poses...
Anyway, first up is Zoya Bevin, a dusty olive/grey creme that on the nails I was surprised to find had an almost jelly like consistency.
This polish has really nice coverage on the first coat, but it is a tad streaky. The formula is lovely, I achieved almost perfect opacity after only two medium coats, but being as finicky as I am, I had to add a third. I then applied my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.

Zoya Bevin under lamp.


Zoya Bevin in natural light.
This color is just so elegant and pretty, and it dries to a nice glossy finish. Even though it's cool toned, it doesn't wash out my pale, pale, skin, and I just love it. I love how Zoya balances their more funky and bold polishes like Tanzy with more neutral and soft ones like Bevin. Like always, they do not disappoint. And now I am going to shut up, because I am totally sounding like a complete Zoya fan girl!

Surprisingly, in my big -And still growing.- nail polish collection I don't have a shade like this, so it makes my impulse buy of Bevin feel more justified!

Zoya Tanzy.
Zoya Tanzy is a gel like orange holo-shimmer with bright tones of orange and gold. I also see a hint of green at certain angles, but that might just be a weird reflection of the gold micro shimmer. The holo-shimmer is similar to Covergirl Rogue Red on the nails, just more orange. I wouldn't say they look alike, but they have their similarity's.
I applied Tanzy over bare nails. This polishes formula is very similar to a jelly polish, it is very thin and sheer. Though it can be brought to full opacity, I think you could use it for a jelly sandwich as well.
Tanzy is thinner than I expected, even after three coats my free-edge was still visible, which I am not a fan of. But I reached a decent opacity after four coats. I could have done five, but I didn't have the patience to wait for that many coats to dry. I then finished the polish off with a coat of my Essie top coat.

Close up of Zoya Tanzy.
Zoya Tanzy under lamp.


Zoya Tanzy in natural light.
Besides some formula hiccups, I love this shade. It is just gorgeous, and so bright and shimmery, even in natural light. I also like that the orange base isn't too garish. I normally am not that big of a fan of bright orange nail polishes, but this one is a winner.

Zoya nail lacquers retail for around $8 and can be found online or at Ulta.

Thanks for reading! To check out other swatch and reviews I've done click here. Or if you are looking for a review of a specific polish or product, why not check out my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Which polish is your favorite? Bevin or Tanzy? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me