Textured Gradient Nail Art with O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection

Hello! I hope it is sunny wherever you are, because it is currently pouring rain and gloomy where I live. Though it fits my disposition today. I don't feel very well, so I am lazing around, watching old Disney movies. Currently I am on Mary Poppins, and figured I would use this down time to share with you a little nail art I made with the O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection.


Textured polishes do not lend themselves to detailed nail art, not for me anyway. So I decided to keep it simple and try a cuticle gradient. I had seen a reverse gradient using one of the furry polishes on Pinterest, and thought it looked really interesting, so I thought I would give it a shot with some texture. Though, it really has a paint splatter look to it when done with liquid sand polishes.

To make this design, I started with a nice neutral base, to keep focus on the rainbow, textured colors. So I used three coats of Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen, then applied my Out the Door fast drying top coat.
For my gradient, I applied a drop of I'm Brazil Nuts Over You, You're So Flippy Floppy, What's a Little Rain Forest?, and Samba-dy Loves Purple onto the top of each nail respectively, then cleaned off the brush, and dragged the polish down the length of my nails. I skipped my usual top coat to keep the textured look.





Again, it looks more like paint splatter than a gradient, but I think it looks really interesting. The cream base also lends to that feeling as well, it reminds me of canvas.
This design is really simple, but I like it, and it was fun to mess around with the Brazil liquid sands some more, I seriously love this collection.

Thanks for reading! To check out other nail designs I've done click here. Or to learn more about the O.P.I Brazil Liquid Sand Mini Collection, you can find full swatches and my review of it here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me